Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced on Monday that in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the DC Universe Movies release of Batman: Year One, a fully remastered version of the film would be launching later this year.
The remastered version of the film will arrive on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack and Digital on November 9, 2021, and will retail for $33.99. The new version of the film will also include a newly-created bonus feature, Reinventing Gordon, which will be an examination of the history of James Gordon throughout the comics, animation, and feature films of Batman.
Other extra features included on the Batman: Year One re-release include:
- Featurette – Reinventing Gordon (New) – An examination of the history of James Gordon through comics, animation, and feature films.
- Featurette – Conversations with DC Comics – The Batman creative team at DC discusses the personal influence of Batman: Year One on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors, and artists of Batman lore, focusing on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman’s origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli.
- Audio Commentary – Featuring co-producer Alan Burnett, co-director Sam Liu, DC creative director Mike Carlin and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- Featurette – Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots – “The Dark Knight Returns” provided the denouement of Batman’s life. Frank Miller’s next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in “Batman: Year One.” This documentary spotlights the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
- DC Showcase – Catwoman (2011 Animated Short) – The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Eliza Dushku reprises her Batman: Year One role as the voice of Catwoman. The short is directed by Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One) from a script by Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series).
- DC Universe Movies Flashbacks
- Batman: Soul of the Dragon
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two
“The film depicts young Bruce Wayne’s return to Gotham City in his first attempts to fight injustice as a costumed Super Hero,” reads the official synopsis for the film. “The playboy billionaire chooses the guise of a giant bat to combat crime, creates an early bond with a young Lieutenant James Gordon (who is already battling corruption from inside the police department), inadvertently plays a role in the birth of Catwoman, and helps to bring down a crooked political system that infests Gotham City.”
Batman: Year One stars Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad, Your Honor) as Lieutenant James Gordon, Ben McKenzie (Gotham) as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Eliza Dushku (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) as Detective Sarah Essen, and the late Alex Rocco (The Godfather) as crime lord Carmine Falcone. The film is co-directed by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu, with a script written by Tab Murphy.
The post Batman: Year One Getting 4K Remaster, Out Later This Year appeared first on ComingSoon.net.