After getting a premium release this past December, Happy Death Day director Christopher Landon‘s slasher Freaky has finally slahed its way to all VOD platforms as well as Blu-ray and DVD.
In Freaky, “Seventeen-year-old Millie Kessler (Kathryn Newton, Blockers, HBO’s Big Little Lies) is just trying to survive the bloodthirsty halls of Blissfield High and the cruelty of the popular crowd. But when she becomes the newest target of The Butcher (Vince Vaughn), her town’s infamous serial killer, her senior year becomes the least of her worries.
“When The Butcher’s mystical ancient dagger causes him and Millie to wake up in each other’s bodies, Millie learns that she has just 24 hours to get her body back before the switch becomes permanent and she’s trapped in the form of a middle-aged maniac forever.”
Meagan Navarro wrote in her 3.5-star review for BD, “Freaky doesn’t reinvent the wheel in terms of slashers, but it’s not trying to. Much like he did with the Happy Death Day films, Landon blends ’80s movies with the slasher to create a framework for a more poignant tale of a young woman learning to reinvent herself after losing a loved one. Freaky is a love letter to slashers and teen movies, but it’s also a comforting cinematic hug dripping in blood.”
The Killer Switch Edition continues the fun and scares with exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film and a feature commentary with Co-writer/Director Christopher Landon.
Bloody Disgusting has an exclusive look at one of the extra features in which the cast and crew talk about the unique kills. “I honestly did not want to make a hardcore slasher film without the gore,” explains Landon. “We went hard at the violence.”
BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAY, DVD and Digital:
- Deleted Scenes
- The Butcher Lends a Hand
- Charlene Hears a Rumor
- Late for the Party
- Split Personalities: Millie vs. The Butcher – Two opposing characters. One killer chemistry! Go behind-the-scenes to see how Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton worked together to bring these two very different characters to life and how they created distinct personal traits for both. This piece will focus on the magnetism between Vaughn and Newton, and how that chemistry raised the stakes for two characters stuck in such a strange situation.
- Crafting the Kills – This feature will take viewers into the “Wood Shop” set to see how all of the various elements and departments come together to create an extraordinary kill that fans will talk about for years to come. We will also discuss the inspiration behind this bilateral bisection, what makes it both fun and horrifying, and how it is different from anything else you have seen in other horror films.
- Christopher Landon’s Brand of Horror – Blending horror and comedy is a difficult task that not many can achieve, but Christopher Landon has proven time and time again that he is uniquely skilled at it. FREAKY is no different. Learn how Christopher’s vision brought new energy to the concept and elevated the story, all while creating a fun and proficient working environment. This behind-the-scenes look at how he weaves humor and gore together will give fans an intimate understanding of why a Christopher Landon film is a genre of its own.
- Final Girl Reframed – The concept of a “Final Girl” is nothing new in the horror genre. However, Millie isn’t your typical Final Girl. We take a closer look at all the ways FREAKY takes your genre expectations and smashes them
- Feature Commentary with Co-writer/Director Christopher Landon