Officially released this week, fans have discovered a handful of issues with Scream Factory’s Friday the 13th Collection Blu-ray set, a massive set that collects together every single Friday the 13th movie (including Freddy vs. Jason!) and packages them together with all sorts of brand new extras. Thankfully, a replacement disc program has been created today.
The company explains, “Unfortunately, there were some unintended mistakes in our process due to human error, for which we accept responsibility, and we extend to you our genuine apologies. We plan to correct those errors by offering replacements for three discs: Friday the 13th Part 3, Jason Goes to Hell (Uncut version) and Jason X.”
Here’s a rundown of the issues found so far:
- PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly.
- PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL (Unrated Cut) – Missing “snapped wrist” gore in an uncut scene.
- PART 10: JASON X: Missing audio during a scene in the film in which Jason kills camp counselors in a sleeping bag.
And here’s how to request replacement discs:
“If you would like to sign up to receive the three corrected discs at no cost to you, please go www.discshipment.com and follow the instructions on the form. Replacement disc fulfillment will be handled by a third party. If you have any questions about the status of your replacement disc shipment once you have completed the form, please email: email@example.com. Shout! Factory customer service will not have any info on the status of your replacement disc order.”
- When filling out your form, please enter “Friday the 13th” in the “What Title Do You Need Replaced” section.
- When filling out your form, you will need to upload a copy of your proof of purchase (photo or scan of receipt or digital receipt from online retailer).
Scream Factory notes that replacement discs will be “sent out globally to those wishing to redeem,” and that the discs (marked with “R1” on them) should be shipped out in November.