One of Canada’s biggest heavy metal exports, Voivod, are approaching their 40th anniversary this year and they’re putting out a special anniversary album to celebrate. Titled Morgöth Tales, the album will feature 10 tracks, though most of them will be re-recordings of past songs from throughout their discography.
Drummer Michel “Away” Langevin said the newly announced release, due on July 21 via Century Media Records, features some classic songs, as well as some familiar faces.
“Morgöth Tales covers 40 years of space exploration. It was really exciting for us to revisit a more obscure part of the Voïvod catalogue, from thrash-punk to prog-metal to…?
“We also had the great thrill of getting E-Force and Jasonic involved on this album. I hope you’ll dig it, Chewy, Rocky, Snake and I certainly had a blast recording it. All aboard and ready for take off!”
For those that don’t know, E-Force is Eric Forrest and Jasonic is none other than Jason Newsted.
As for the album’s first single, “Nuage Fractal” was originally featured on 1991’s Angel Rat. Bassist Dominic “Rocky” Laroche said the track was a unique example of where the band was at that time.
“We are excited to present the first single from our 40th-anniversary album! Its solid drum and bass, alien guitar line on top, lyrics and melody that connects it all towards a spinning triangle bridge makes ‘Nuage Fractal’ unique, which represents the era of Angel Rat. Let’s get ready to celebrate this amazing journey of Morgöth Tales!”
According to Langevin, the album’s title track is a brand new song that the band wrote near the end of last year while on tour.
“The title track is a new song, which we started writing on the tour bus and hotels during the OPETH European tour in November/December 2022. It has the vibe of the experimental music we are doing nowadays, with a new twist I think.” We also had the great thrill of getting Eric [Forrest] and Jason [Newsted] involved on this album.”
VOIVOD, Morgöth Tales
- Condemned To The Gallows (2023 Version) [Originally on Metal Massacre V Compilation, 1984]
- Thrashing Rage (2023 Version) [Originally on “Rrröööaaarrr”, 1986]
- Killing Technology (2023 Version) [Originally on “Killing Technology”, 1987]
- Macrosolutions To Megaproblems (2023 Version) [Originally on“Dimension Hatröss”, 1988]
- Pre-Ignition (2023 Version) [Originally on “Nothingface”, 1989]
- Nuage Fractal (2023 Version) [Originally on “Angel Rat”, 1991]
- Fix My Heart (2023 Version) [Originally on “The Outer Limits”, 1993]
- Rise (2023 Version, feat. Eric Forrest) [Originally on “Phobos”, 1997]
- Rebel Robot (2023 Version, feat. Jason Newsted) [Originally on “Voivod”, 2003]
- Morgöth Tales [New Song]
The post Voivod to Release <em>Morgöth Tales</em> for Their 40th Anniversary, The First Single “Nuage Fractal” Available Now appeared first on MetalSucks.
MetalSucks – Voivod to Release Morgöth Tales for Their 40th Anniversary, The First Single “Nuage Fractal” Available Now
Author: Hesher Keenan
Go to Source
May 19, 2023