During the height of the pandemic, making music was the most natural thing to do for most artists, and progressive rock duo Zombi did just that. They recruited Pinkish Black‘s Daron Beck, The Sword‘s Bryan Richie, Zao‘s Jeff Gretz, and Trans Am‘s Philip Manley to record a series of covers of classic rock songs.
Ultimately, 25 songs were recorded, and many of them emerged online as of late. Zombi have now compiled a selection of those covers for an album called Zombi & Friends, Vol. 1, which was released May 12 via DSP, with an LP/CD release to come on June 17 via on Relapse Records. Pre-orders are available here.
About the album Zombi‘s Steve Moore said, “Last year we invited some of our close friends to take part in a series of soft and smooth cover songs we loved from our childhood. Over the course of the year, we recorded 25 songs, from roughly the mid 70’s through the mid 80’s and released a new one almost every Friday. It was a chance to stay busy and connected during the pandemic. Admittedly it started as a bit of a joke with our Barbra Streisand cover, which was originally going to be a one-off, but the reaction was so strong we decided to plan out a whole series.”
Here’s the track listing for Zombi & Friends, Vol. 1:
- “Guilty” (Barry Gibb cover)
- “Suspicions” (Eddie Rabbitt cover)
- “I Can’t Tell You Why” (Eagles cover)
- “Sirius“/”Eye In The Sky” (The Alan Parsons Project cover)
- “Take You Back” (Frank Stallone cover)
- “Takin’ It To the Streets” (Michael McDonald cover)
- “Captain of Her Heart” (Double cover)
- “Deja Vu” (Dionne Warwick cover)
- “You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine” (Lou Rawls cover)
- “America” (Neil Diamond cover)
Want More Metal? Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter
Enter your e-mail below to get a daily update with all of our headlines.
Metal Injection – ZOMBI Release Album Of Covers Featuring Members Of THE SWORD, ZAO, PINKISH BLACK & TRANS AM
Author: Dan Alleva
Go to Source
May 14, 2022